Twins' Miguel Sano denies sexual assault allegations; Major League Baseball looking into matter

Compartir

Miguel Sano has been accused of assaulting a photographer in a shopping mall in 2015, but the Minnesota Twins third baseman says the allegations against him are completely baseless.

After sending the tweet, the photographer said she had been inundated with messages from social media trolls who doubted her story while noting that she had nothing to gain from telling it.

Betsy Bissen, a sports photographer who snaps pictures for Twins Daily, tweeted a lengthy post detailing the alleged episode between her and the 24-year-old baseball star.

In a tweet Thursday, Bissen said it was hard to share the story, "but I feel I need to share it".

In her account posted on Twitter, Bissen wrote that the autograph-signing event occurred at a store where she was a volunteer. Bissen did not want "to cause a scene", so she followed. Plummer says he did not see Sano pulling Blissen toward the bathroom.

"I don't even want to think of what he may have done, had he got me thru (sic) that door", she wrote.

She says Sano grabbed her wrist, tried to kiss her and tried to pull her into a restroom. 'It hurt, how badly he was grabbing at my wrist, but he wouldn't let go. "Instead, he hurt me and kept going".

"I was in a squatted position with my wrist throbbing".

The US Says Visa Services Will Resume In Turkey After Dispute
The US in November said it has resumed limited visa services, a move matched by Turkey's missions in the US. Turkey has expressed concern over the arrest and trial of a Turkish banker Mehmet Hakan Atilla in the US.

"I screamed, no one came to help me", she states. In the aftermath, she says "my body was sore all over from having to fight" him off as he held on to her for "a solid 10 minutes".

Near the end of her post, Bissen sums up her feelings on the alleged assault, using words and phrases that sound all too familiar these days.

Bissen also received a supportive tweet from former Twins player and current Tampa Bay Rays infielder Trevor Plouffe, who was with Minnesota in 2015.

It's not just the recaps of my fellow women who have been thru situations of their own that remind me of what happened, it's every baseball game, every write up about him that rehashes this. "It's been hard enough for me to come forward knowing there would be backlash, but it was time".

Bissen's decision to share her story wasn't about fear, though. I didn't pay much attention to what they are doing in the dugout, unless I was looking for a shot.

The Twins issued this statement: "Today the Minnesota Twins were made aware of allegations involving Miguel Sano at an offsite appearance during the 2015 season".

Neither the Twins, Sano nor Major League Baseball have yet responded to Bissen's story.

The Twins released a statement Thursday saying they take the accusation "very seriously" but have nothing to say until more information is gathered.

Compartir