Man dies after he was sucked into MRI machine

Compartir

Also at the moment, I have decided never to enter a room with an MRI machine ever again.

After a 27-year-old from India was killed January 27 after being sucked into an MRI machine, Nair Hospital, where the accident took place, has stopped performing MRI scans until further notice.

An MRI is a type of scan that uses strong magnetic fields and radio waves to produce detailed images of inside the body.

The ward boy ostensibly ignored the stringent guidelines that bar all metallic objects - including such cylinders, items of jewellery or even metallic fibres and implanted metallic medical devices - inside the scanning room.

Maru died within minutes, his hand trapped against the machine by the leaking oxygen tank. In 2001 also this has happened with a six-year-old boy while undergoing an MRI scan in NY and he was killed when a metal oxygen tank that flew towards the machine and even crushed his skull. The hospital's dean Dr Ramesh Bharmal has pointed to signboards asking people not to carry metal inside. The family says no guard tried to stop them from entering the MRI room.

Fitness app highlights sensitive military positions around the world
How the information is coming out is through Strava's global heat map which shows the past whereabouts of users. The U.S. military is investigating the potential impact of the Strava map , according to The Washington Post .

"We have arrested a doctor and another junior staff member under section 304 of the Indian penal code for causing death due to negligence", Mumbai police spokesman Deepak Deoraj told French news agency AFP.

Despite the assistant and family members rescuing him from the machine and being rushed to emergency, Maru was pronounced dead. The uncle of the victim also stated that 'the ward boy was supposed to prevent such incidents told my family members to go inside when the machine was turned on. "Apart from that there were injury marks on both his hands", a forensic doctor said. "How will we know what to do?"

Senior Police Inspector Savalaram Agawane said the hospital employees were detained for questioning on Sunday and arrested by the evening.

"The ward boy asked him to help", said Maru's sister, Priyanka Solanki, per The Indian Express, and asked Maru to carry his mother's oxygen cylinder inside, assuring him that it was safe to do so.

Compartir