False TSUNAMI Warning ISSUED for Eastern Seaboard of US — EAST COAST PANIC


A test of the U.S. National Weather Service's system to warn Americans about tsunamis appeared to go awry this morning, as residents in states like ny erroneously received alerts that the east coast might be in harm's way.

After the message went out, the National Weather Service tweeted that there was no tsunami warning.

The head of the Hawaii Emergency Management Agency resigned, and the officers who sent the false alert was sacked, but not before the message caused residents to seek cover, hide in basements and reach out to family and loved ones out of fear the alert was real.

Users of the AccuWeather app, including those living along Texas' Gulf Coast, may have received a severe weather alert message just before 7:30 a.m.

The alert was quickly corrected, and within five minutes the National Weather Service was issuing all clear messages on its various social media accounts. "As such, we process them with the utmost concern and deliver them promptly and automatically as soon as they're received by the government".

The National Tsunami Warning Center did NOT issue a tsunami Warning, Watch, or Advisory for any part of the United States or Canada this morning.

Super Bowl: Mira el primer teaser del spin off de Han Solo

Later, the NWS sent a message explaining that the alert was actually just a test.

"It even says it in Spanish", Robert Molleda, warning coordination meteorologist for the National Weather Service's Miami office, told the Palm Beach Post.

"AccuWeather was correct in reading the mistaken NWS codes embedded in the warning", Accuweather press release stated. AccuWeather, a private service based in State College, Pa., said it sent out the message because of a coding error by the NWS. "We will update you when we find out more", the service tweeted.

Arnott stressed that the test alert never appeared on any of the National Weather Service's websites.

"Then my mind immediately went to the false alarm in Hawaii, with the nuclear warning". The agency's chief resigned and the worker who sent the alert was sacked.

Six days after the January 13 Aloha State accident, a malfunction set off sires at a North Carolina nuclear power plant.