At least 19 people have been killed and dozens injured after a double-decker bus overturned in Hong Kong.
Police told Xinhua earlier that 19 people were killed but the death toll was later revised to 18, including 15 men and three women.
Local media said it was the Asian financial centre's deadliest traffic accident since a 2003 bus accident that killed 21.
Almost 50 people were injured and taken to hospitals, including 19 in serious condition, the Hospital Authority said.
In 2008, 18 people were killed in another bus crash.
Photos and videos published by social media showed the gold-coloured bus lying on its side with its roof torn off, while emergency workers treated injured passengers nearby. Police did not immediately confirm the cause of the accident. It was really chaotic on the bus.Читайте также: España con Messi habría ganado tres Mundiales y tres Eurocopas
Rescue workers attempt to assist survivors of a double-decker bus crash in Hong Kong, China, on Saturday night. "People fell on top of one another and got tossed around from side to side".
One passenger was sent to Prince of Wales Hospital in Sha Tin in a "half-conscious" state, according to the force.
At least 10 injured passengers were reportedly in critical condition.
While Hong Kong has a well-developed and generally safe public transportation system, fatal bus crashes have persisted. Senior police superintendent Li Chi-wai, of New Territories North, said the driver likely was "speeding when driving down a slope, lost control" and then "turned over on its left".При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог