Philadelphia To Launch Youth Program In Settlement With Starbucks Arrestees


Their lawyer was not immediately available for comment.

Robinson and Nelson have also been offered the opportunity to complete their undergraduate degrees through the Starbucks College Achievement Plan, a first-of-its-kind partnership with Arizona State University otherwise available to Starbucks partners to earn their bachelor's degree with full tuition coverage.

Two men who were arrested while waiting in a Philadelphia Starbucks and touched off a media firestorm have chosen not to pursue a lengthy trial.

The company did not disclose the value of the settlement but said it would give details in a joint statement.

In an April 18 interview with "CBS This Morning", Starbucks executive chairman, Howard Schultz, said he hoped to work with Nelson and Robinson and use Starbucks's resources to advise and support their business ventures. 'I welcome the opportunity to begin a relationship with them to share learnings and experiences.

Rashon and Donte were arrested on April 12th while they were waiting to secure a possible real estate deal.

Mickey Spagnola breaks down the Cowboys 2018 NFL Draft
According to Nexstar'sTobin McDuff, who is reporting from the draft, the fans were happy to welcome Leighton Vander Esch to town. The former Boise State linebacker was selected at No. 19 by the Cowboys , and the residents of his hometown were proud.

After Nelson returned to the table where Robinson was sitting, the manager approached them to ask whether she could help get them get any drinks or water.

Officers handcuffed and detained Nelson and Robinson, both 23, after a Starbucks manager in the city's upscale Rittenhouse Square neighborhood complained to police that they had refused to make a purchase or leave. Robinson recalled thinking that "they can't be here for us". Do you feel America will be a better place as a result of this?

Charges of trespassing and creating a disturbance were dropped that night.

Starbucks has sought to fix damage to its image by apologising and ordering all its stores and corporate offices across the United States to close for an afternoon on May 29 to conduct "racial-bias education".

Nelson and Robinson were eventually let go after about eight hours in police custody, with a spokesman for the district attorney's office saying there was a "lack of evidence" that a crime had been committed.

Following the arrest, many people protested the Starbucks where it happened and elsewhere.