A Phoenix-area pup is being deemed a "hero" for saving his owner from being bit by a rattlesnake during a hike over the weekend.
Paula Godwin and her two dogs got up bright and early last Friday morning to hike near 7th Street Carefree Highway.
"My hero of a puppy Todd saved me", Godwin wrote on Facebook.
The bite to the nose and cheek caused Todd's face to swell.
But her 6-month-old golden retriever, Todd, came to the rescue!
This is how Paula Godwin's dog Todd looked after his battle with the snake.
As you can see from the photo, the poor pup's face was very swollen.
#Video Aficionados atacan con huevos a Selección de Corea del Sur
Algunos de ellos no se mostraron nada contentos con el rendimiento de su selección y le lanzaron huevos , en señal de protesta por su eliminación en fase de grupos .
"This is Todd. He saved his human from a rattlesnake yesterday". A true h*ckin hero.
The picture has been shared thousands of times on social media, garnering more than 360,000 likes and close to 73,000 retweets on just the WeRateDogs Twitter feed.
A GoFundMe page has been set up to help other dogs and owners, who may need help with paying bills for anti venom for snake bites.
Godwin said the swelling has since gone down and Todd is doing "remarkably well" as he recovers from his heroic act.
"People from the Philippines have been contacting us with well wishes", she said.
Ms Godwin rushed Todd to a vet for treatment.
Posting an update on the dog's recovery, Godwin added: "Todd's doing so well he is a wonder to me how he is healing".