Nicolas Maduro announces Trump administration is trying to kill him

Compartir

Maduro took to the podium Thursday to claim, without evidence, that President Trump and the White House have ordered his death.

Venezuela's opposition says Maduro lobs ludicrous accusations at enemies to deflect from his own incompetence.

Venezuelan officials say Fernando Alban killed himself by leaping from the 10th floor of the state police agency's headquarters earlier this week. "They will not even touch a single hair of mine, because God and the people of Venezuela protect me".

Asked about Maduro's comments, a spokesman for the White House's National Security Council said: "U.S. policy preference for a peaceful, orderly return to democracy in Venezuela remains unchanged".

Maduro stressed that any future assassination attempt on him would fail.

Papa Francisco expulsa a dos ex obispos chilenos del sacerdocio
El pasado 28 de septiembre el papa expulsó del sacerdocio al influyente religioso chileno Fernando Karadima , de 88 años, formador de varios obispos.

Washington has imposed sanctions on Venezuela, denouncing Maduro as a dictator who has quashed human rights and triggered an economic meltdown.

The United Nations has said it will investigate the death.

"I am saying this to the entire world - the order to kill Maduro was given to the [Colombian] government in Bogota from the White House that wants to kill me", Maduro said as broadcast by a state-run TV channel on Thursday.

While the US has previously denied any involvement in the August attack, it expanded its sanctions on Maduro's inner circle last month, with President Donald Trump warning that, "Every option is on the table with respect to Venezuela".

Compartir