Khashoggi was strangled as soon as he entered consulate, dismembered

Compartir

Saudi Arabia's public prosecutor held talks overnight with Turkish intelligence officials over the investigation into the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, Demiroren news agency said.

Khashoggi, 59, entered the Saudi consulate in Istanbul on October 2 to obtain paperwork necessary for his upcoming marriage to Cengiz, a Turkish national.

Riyadh first claimed Khashoggi left the consulate alive, but was later forced to admit the dissident commentator had been killed.

Hatice Cengiz, fiancee of slain Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi, is seen during an interview with Reuters in London, Britain on October 29, 2018.

Saudi Arabia has subsequently said that Mr Khashoggi was murdered, and that it is "determined to find out all the facts".

Saudi Arabia says that 18 suspects in the case will face justice in the kingdom, despite repeated calls from Ankara for them to be extradited for trial in Turkey.

In a statement issued after two days of talks with Saudi Arabia's public prosecutor Sheikh Saud al-Mojeb, it also said no concrete results were reached in those meetings.

The Gulf state then admitted Khashoggi's killing was premeditated and a result of a "rogue operation". He was a critic of Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, the de facto Saudi ruler, who has purged rivals and consolidated power.

This is the first official confirmation of the murder made by the Turkish officials.

John Cena's Crown Jewel Replacement Confirmed During Raw
According to PWInsider , Daniel Bryan will not participate in WWE's Crown Jewel event in Riyadh this Friday. Bryan is on the card and set to face A.J.

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said on Tuesday that the Saudis were protecting the person responsible for Khashoggi's murder, adding that Turkey would not abandon its investigation.

Turkey is seeking the extradition of 18 Saudi suspects detained in Saudi Arabia over the killing.

The Turkish authorities had released a video evidence of him entering the Saudi consulate in Istanbul.

According to a statement from the office of chief Istanbul prosecutor Irfan Fidan, the journalist was the victim of a premeditated killing and his body was dismembered and disposed of. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

Turkey, through a gradual release of information and public statements, has helped feed an worldwide outcry over the case and pressured Saudi Arabia to concede its role.

Mr Erdogan told reporters on Tuesday: "There is no point in procrastinating or trying to save some people from under this".

Cengiz had tough words for both Saudi Arabia and the United States.

In her strongest public comments yet on the subject, she said global experts should have complete access to evidence and witnesses.

Compartir