NBC pulls Donald Trump ad accused of spreading racist sentiments

Compartir

Fox News, meanwhile, made a decision to pull the ad on Sunday and said as much the following day.

"After further review we recognize the insensitive nature of the ad and have chose to cease airing it across our properties as soon as possible", said an NBC spokesman, Joe Benarroch.

Their decision follows CNN's decision to block the ad.

The 30-second spot focused on Luis Bracamontes, an undocumented Mexican immigrant who was convicted and sentenced to death in 2014 for murdering two sheriff's deputies in Sacramento, Calif.

"Upon further review, Fox News pulled the ad yesterday and it will not appear on either Fox News Channel or Fox Business Network", Marianne Gambelli, Fox News's president of advertisement sales, told CNN on Monday. The ad, endorsed by President Donald Trump, was created to fire up fears of a migrant caravan headed toward the United States in advance of Tuesday's midterm elections. Fox did not immediately say how many times it aired on Fox News Channel or the Fox Business Network. It blames Democrats for allowing him into the country.

Fallece la actriz Sofía Tejeda
Tejeda , que nació en el estado de Jalisco, en México, inició sus estudios de actuación en 1986 en el Instituto Cultural Cabañas. La Asociación Nacional de Intérpretes ( ANDI ) a través de un comunicado dio a conocer la muerte de la actriz Sofía Tejeda .

President Trump tweeted out a lengthier version of the ad last week.

Democratic and Republican administrations alike have deported hundreds of thousands of people a year.

Facebook also announced Monday that the ad violated its advertising policy. "While the video is allowed to be posted on Facebook, it can not receive paid distribution".

Both NBC and Fox News joined CNN in refusing to run a Trump controversial campaign advertisement. He said the media was trying to control what you see and think.

The move by the world's largest social network comes after major television outlets, including CNN, NBC and Fox News, refused to run the ad with some deeming it "racist", according to The Daily Beast. This tweet was in response to a tweet by the president's son, Donald Trump Jr., in which he accused the network of "only run [ning] fake news" and not talking about "real threats that don't suit their agenda".

Compartir